- This event has passed.
How to care for your historic home.
31 January at 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Was your home built before 1919? Do you help to look after an historic building?
Join Heritage Lincolnshire’s Heritage at Risk Solutions Officer, Kathryn Banfield, and learn how to care and maintain your historic home.
You will discover:
- what an 'historic' building is and how they work
- how designations such as listing or conservation areas may effect your home and work that you would like to carry out
- what issues can arise with historic buildings and how to go about solving them
- how maintaining your building can stave off decay
- the correct materials and skills you need to look after your home
The course is designed to be interactive, so please bring pictures of your own home and issues you've had for the group to discuss. As a result of the course you will gain confidence to make decisions about how best to care for and maintain your home.
This 1 session course is free to new learners or costs £18, concessions available.
Tea, coffee & biscuits provided.
Booking is essential. For an enrolment form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01529 461499.
This lifelong learning course is part of the Grow programme organised by the Lincolnshire County Council Community Learning service. We aim to attract new learners and courses are open to all aged 19 and over on 31 August 2017.